WILLYNE HAMMERSTEIN'S SWINGING OLD LADY 100%
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 37 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the shapes for Swinging Old Lady in Millefiori Quilts 4.
The shapes are the same size as the templates in the book.
Fussy cutters unite!
I could look at this design all day.
"Circle the intersections" to get perfect results.
There are 3 videos which you may find helpful when you are sewing this design. The example is for Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses (POTC) but the info about templates, fussy cutting and hybrid piecing also apply to this design.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- choice of layouts for different straight grain and directional fabrics
- precision corners to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- small shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing by hand
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
This Inklingo shape collection does not include instructions.
Detailed diagrams for the blocks and assembling the quilt top are in Willyne’s brilliant Millefiori Quilts 4 book (the fourth book), along with 18 other exquisite designs.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
LEARN TO HAND PIECE
The two-hour hand piecing lesson in Quilted Diamonds 2
is like taking a private lesson from me.
The brilliance of Willyne’s design is in the way she used the shapes to create interlocking designs. She teaches hand piecing with a running stitch.
It is NOT necessary to use EPP unless that is the method you prefer.
It is much easier to print the shapes on fabric with Inklingo and sew with a running stitch.
On the other hand, there are 8 Good Ways to Use Inklingo for EPP if that is the method you prefer.
MAIN MILLEFIORI PAGE